Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gaps and Delays

This is just a quick post to say we are all still alive and still well. We have spent a splendid couple of weeks cruising the Grenadines with our Eager Crew, Enn and Dana. They leave us tomorrow, alas. However, a new/old eager crew will be joining us on Saturday in the persons of Whit and Frisha.

We called them last night to arrange our rendezvous and that's when I learned my magnificent Aunt Jane had died peacefully a week ago. While very sad, I can only celebrate a life lived so completely and joyously.

We are again in Kingstown, St. Vincent, and will be heading to St. Lucia to meet the incoming crew. I have written miles of posts. Perhaps in Castries I will get to post them. And I will await with impatience the Guest Post to be emailed to me by our departing crew.

2 comments:

ginny said...

I am so sorry to hear that Aunt Jane has died. We all should take a great big gulp of fresh air and sunshine in her honour.
I'm very curious abut St. Lucia (and Dominica)- was almost posted there by CUSO in the mid-seventies.Hi to Frisha and Witt.

sw said...

Hi all,
Sad news about Jane! My condolences to you two at sea. And yes, its good to revel in the full life she lived. Weather in NY is wicked cold and windy--signs threatening to break off their posts etc.
Have lovely sailing.
xos